Saturday, January 15, 2011

Ribbon Play

"to invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk" - thomas alba edison.  i have never met this guy, but we certainly share one thing in common - our love for piles of "junk".  bwahahaha! 


when i bought my pile of ribbons, exactly 5 years ago, i didnt really have anything specific in mind, as to what to do with them, i was just bedazzled by the variety, the colors and the textures.  i was dreaming to put up a flower shop and use my pile on to bouquets and wreaths. . .of course, fate has to have a hand on my life's paths and the directions i would take.  so, instead of having the flower shop, i put up a Cafe and used my pile to decorate and serve a purpose - a divider! 
the creation of F.A.R.M. certainly paved my way to turning my trash to treasure.  from discarded buttons, to recycled fabrics, to scrappy ribbons. . . i have to be literally immersed in piles of "junk"/materials/media, to create.  and for this entry, i present my latest line of F.A.R.M. Threads:  Ribbon Play - 
bags embellished with ruffles and rosettes, made of scrappy satin ribbons and recycled fabrics.  

dainty as they may seem, the bags are sturdy, lined and zipped and carries with pride, the F.A.R.M. trademark.  
F.A.R.M. never runs out of ideas. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment