Sunday, October 24, 2010

flowers and floral things

flowers are one of the greatest 
and most satisfying indulgences of  my life. 
 

i love those growing in my farm, 
and i love the foliage, too. 

i enjoy setting them on my bottles and propping them up in the most unusual nooks and crannies of my place. 

my farm, too, is an explosion of texture and color, perfectly suited to the grounds.


flowers are not only one of the great pleasures of my life, but their inspiration is a central part of my designs.  their influences can be seen in everything i make.

when i get the time to make my routine rounds in the nearby flea markets, my eyes are automatically drawn to flower-inspired fabrics. 


and with these fabrics, guess what i make out of them?  fabric flowers, of course.



so, to be launched in november is my new line of products – the F.A.R.M. Threads.  hair accessories, purses, totes, cushion covers, etc.  all these are from used and discarded fabrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment