Saturday, October 16, 2010

scarves away!


i have been playing with my idea years ago, 
and somehow, in the onslaught of the demands for my time, 
with the myriad concerns that i attend to, my idea got stashed and lost, too. 
until i had the time to empty one room, the one next to mine, 
to make it ready for Dorothy who was coming home for a vacay after almost a decade of being away, in the US.
when i saw my stash of vintage scarves, again, i was more resolute and gave in to its charm and promise of a new look for my living room upstairs.  
so i had marlyn, my seamstress, to do my project for me.
today i installed my new curtains of what once was a stash of old, worn, vintage scarves. 

and voila! 
a personality 
and an interesting character 
to my living room.

No comments:

Post a Comment