Monday, October 25, 2010

i love vintage

have you ever gone to the same thrift store two days in a row? 

that's me, that week when i was in Monterey. i can never seem to get enough of that YBR place.  and i don’t really wonder, i know why. 
i brought home a collection of green depression glass which i bought from YBR in  my numerous visits, one that will make my friend Tootsie green with envy!  bwahahaha, and make her take a second look at her own.  i have also found nice amber glass pieces that will compliment the collection i have started before my trip to the US.  just unfortunate, tho, that a piece broke in transit. 
some of my vintage fabrics/materials for my upcoming line – F.A.R.M. Threads, were also from YBR,  i rummaged through their boxes and bins and found fabric remnants of silk and satin, some are now florettes for my hair accessories.  YBR is my treasure chest  when i am in the americas and i keep it not a secret.
 
my sister, T and i really love to go treasure hunting at thrift stores. 

in fact, in the 45-day holiday last Christmas, that i spent with her,  i can only count the days when am not in one.  now, was that a luxe holiday or a thrift holiday?  bwahahaha.

i have a café back here in the Philippines, and the motif is vintage, the reason why i am overly drawn to anything vintage.  i am positive, i will be running my own vintage shop cum café soon enough, if the thrift gods don’t stop looking down my way.  i am just so lucky to find treasures in what others call trash.  that doesn’t make me trashy, tho.  my place is full of class, and ilovette!
vintage shops are my shops of choice, anywhere i go, be it in Europe, the Americas, Asia, or even just here in Manila and to be more localized, even here in my town, Baao, shops that promise anything vintage are my most fave place to go.  

i am sure by now, if you have been reading through, you are wondering, what kind of place i live in? 

well, no surprise at all,
i live in a vintage house, antique, is more appropriate, with all my vintage furniture, handed down from one generation to the next,

and i am the fourth down the line.  this place i live in, which is now known as Villa Esperanza (i named it, btw) has always been dwelled upon by matriarchs and matriarch i shall be.  i wouldn’t want to disappoint my forebears.  bwahahaha.



No comments:

Post a Comment